'Treats' Acrylic on wood assemblage ©robinrkent

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Spirits of Christmas Past

I am thankful for and amazed by my considerate folk art collectors who have sent me Christmas cards over the years. Not only do they send a card, often with a handwritten note, but some have included photos of the pieces I've made.
collector's photo (detail) of my work in their home
It's such a wonderful present. I love seeing these pieces in their settings - looking so much more 'at home.'
And often I had neglected to take a picture before sending them on their merry way.
How thoughtful these art collectors are to think of me at this busy time! So nice for me to see them once again!

For me, I'm lucky if I get my decorations up. I should start earlier. After languishing on the dining room table for far too long, my cat Callie reassigned the front door wreath to become her nest.
Callie warming her nest.

2 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

Very cool.
I hung my Neon Green tinsel wreath on my front door and stuck a small lighted silver tinsel tree in a old painted bucket and set it on my front steps and called in done.
Fini
maybe NEXT year I will decorate inside.

Carole Reid said...

Callie has the right idea! Smart kitty.
How thoughtful of them to send you photos. That must warm your heart seeing your creations in their new homes.