'Treats' Acrylic on wood assemblage ©robinrkent

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Footloose Art

I've been moving at a slower pace. Finding time to refuel while continuing to create without adding stress. A change in attitude. Recent pieces are fewer. And looser. Still I must be happy with the results.
"Magic Man' ©robinrkent
I guess when you keep at it, you're bound to notice changes as you go. Sometimes I think growth is not a conscious, deliberate act. More like one foot in front of the other.  If I already knew where I was going, I would have been there sooner!

Glad to find my new footing with this piece. I've had these shoe stretchers for a while and was wondering when the right piece would come along.

I must have been waiting for my 'Magic Man.' He was a compilation of many saved pieces. And they came with their own colors. I didn't paint anything but his hands and face. And even his face had his eye positioned from a suggestion where a previous screw was located. He's big too. Check the yard stick in his skirt.

It was almost automatic. I let him take the lead.
And tried not to step on his toes.

The header above titled 'Treats' recently sold at Stowe Craft Gallery , the new gallery carrying my work. Happy they went to a good home.

3 comments:

mimi torchia boothby said...

I saw this guy and could hear him marching off with a rattle and a clatter. Your stuff is so fun

Mimi

Cindi Myers said...

I love "Magic Man", I'm boggled by your vision and of course, I adore "Treats".
I need a change in attitude myself.
I can't seem to get out of my own head. My "pay the bills job" and my "power surges" are zapping all the creative energy out of me.
Hopefully (someday) Fall will cool things down and I will be able to think and create again.
xoxo - Cindi

Sand said...

One foot in front of the other sounds like a 12 step program. I prefer the remark that you have been waiting for your "magic man" seems more mystical and romantic.