'Treats' Acrylic on wood assemblage ©robinrkent

Saturday, June 9, 2012

My House as Muse

I finished my acrylic fish painting to go with the two fish assemblages for my downstairs bath (May 5th post). But I'm not sure it works in this space. It might belong in a gallery, even though it is what I had envisioned. The room is just too small: 6 x 8' for such a relatively big painting: 22.5 x 26.5".
   
'Catching Fish'  Acrylic on Canvas   ©robinrkent

Here it is on the bathroom wall.

Maybe primping in a mirror a la Picasso's 'Girl Before A Mirror' might be a better subject...will give that a try.
I didn't know I'd come up with so many painting options for a bathroom wall.



I just moved my treadmill to a closet-sized nook: Marathon runners for that area might be good.

My next body of work could turn into: 'From Bath to Basement: Painting Inspirations From The Rooms of My House.'  We'll see.

3 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

I love that painting for your bathroom!
I don't think it's too big, Actually it's perfect, and the other fish look like they have just escaped the boat! :D
As far as the Picasso? Not my first choice.
I have thought of Botero for my own bath. Maybe "The Bathroom 1989"
Or better yet "The Bathroom 1995" has a clawfoot tub like mine!
I can't hardly wait to see your next inspired painting!

Carole Reid said...

Robin, oh Robin, this is a fabulous bathroom painting but if it's too big it's too big! Being the home owner AND the artist gives you opportunity to decorate every inch of your place. Isn't it wonderful that you have so many choices.

I like big paintings in small rooms. I especially like when it makes the audience feel uneasy enough for them to make a comment about it.

ArtPropelled said...

I would love to lie in the bath looking up at this gorgeous painting! LOVE it!