'Treats' Acrylic on wood assemblage ©robinrkent

Saturday, April 28, 2012

April Is Poetry Month

A little late, but better to mention than let it go unsaid. I know I'm busy when I don't have time to wollow in the pages of poetry.
'Same Story, Different Ending'  Mixed media on wood                 ©robinrkent

So many of my favorites are better than any painting - descriptions present a better picture than I ever could. What a gift to have such a mastery of words. What a choice of colors.
Like a favorite painting, they bring a validating connection to the reader: 'So, others have seen/felt that, too.' Like having a lingering hug from a favorite person, albeit one that's been gone for years.

6 comments:

Sandy Mastroni said...

oh .... wow ..... Robin
how wonderful
so well done ..... everything about these two readers , the colors , the mood , the faces ...... wonderful

Carole Reid said...

Robin....oh the looks on their faces! Love the colour palette! I love poetry when spoken out loud, or read to me in candle light. But give me a book of poetry to read to myself and I'm zzzzz-ing!

Cindi Myers said...

Sorry to disagree but I have not found a book of poetry that I love MORE than your Art.
Your work always draws me in and keeps me staring in awe.

Mimi said...

ah, this is wonderful. Great great faces. But I agree with Cynthia!
There are only a handful of poems ever written that have moved me like visual art has.



Mimi Torchia Boothby

ArtPropelled said...

LOVE this piece Robin! The older I get the more I find poetry moves me and I feel powerful "validating connections".

Sharin Barber said...

Love these guys and their hair cuts!