'Treats' Acrylic on wood assemblage ©robinrkent

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Deeper Than It Might Seem

'Princess and the Pea' wood assemblage
©2011 robin r kent

I always wished I could be a musician     
and sing as freely as Dylan.
To perform live  - in front of strangers even - who understood perfectly. 
Doing it my way,
never having to change a note.

Guess a painter it is then.
Same initial evolutions: from puppet, pauper, pirate,
to poet. Put down on paper.
Change. Begin again. No one knowing the final creation 
- revealed for all to see -
isn't exactly as I always intended it to be.



6 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

no matter how your secret journey maybe, I'm always amazed at your destination.
:) - Cindi

amanda white said...

Ah yes .... I'd love to see a page of your sketchbook to see how these wonderful things start out.

Carole Reid said...

This is absolutely adorable Robin! Your art sings!
Wouldn't it be interesting to look inside each artist's brain to dissect the ideas! Do you sketch your's down in a book? How many ideas do you work on at a time?

Sharin Barber said...

I love, love, love..... this!

Sandy Mastroni said...

wow ... wonderful !

Robin Kent said...

Thank you all! Love the show and tell of this...