'Treats' Acrylic on wood assemblage ©robinrkent

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

'Raining Cats and Dogs'...

My artwork waiting pickup by its new owner
...is the title of the second annual animal art show now going on at The Framers Market, Manchester, New Hampshire.
My Dog-Tired Catch-All box (left)

And they're giving a portion of the proceeds to the Animal Rescue League of N.H.

I was glad to be part of it since I love their taste in art. 


And I love companion animals. 
Especially homeless ones. 
'Well behaved pets' are invited to attend, too. 

Live work of art looking for an owner
The Rescue League brought some of its viewing audience to survey possible future human owners. Hope they found a few. 


It's a good thing the gallery is too far away for me to attend or I'd be coming home with something 3D in addition to a piece of sculpture.

The show runs through September 9th.
1301 Elm Street, Manchester NH

5 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

OMG!
I would be wanting to buy it ALL!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your art work but if I could have it in the form of a cat or dog? why I would go CRAZY!
You have found my biggest weakness! (I have taken my glasses off and have my nose next to the computer screen staring at your work, over and over again.
I just think it's FABULOUS!)
Really Truly - Cindi

Carole Reid said...

Kitty looks pretty content lying by the water dish! Such a good little kitty. Isn't raining cats and dogs a funny saying? Makes no sense but gets the point across.

Robin Kent said...

Ha! Cindi, you are too funny! And I am so appreciative of your kind words. You know how to make my day.
Hey Carole- I think that water bowl might have been a kibble dish before the Rescue dogs and pals arrived! The gallery had its first show last year this time called 'Dog Days' in concert with the Rescue folks, but I think they broadened the topic this year to include the cats. Wonder where that phrase came from and what next year's title will be?

Sharin Barber said...

Your right Carole, that kitty does look pretty happy sittng there. He also, looks as if plotting to take over the town is not beyond him :L

Robin Kent said...

I agree with both Carole and Momamama. Never underestimate the mind of a cat, even a blockheaded one.