'Treats' Acrylic on wood assemblage ©robinrkent

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jumping in without looking

Funny way for an artist to start the first title of the first blog.  Artists are always looking.  Of course seeing is a better term. And the risk of jumping in - always an artist's obvious secret passion.  
I hope this to be a place to connect with like minded art lovers. If you're one, consider yourself in the minority.  I know my work is authentic, but not for everyone. I hope to comment on what inspires some of the pieces, how it comes together, and hopefully leaves.  This first visual is my image.  Not really, but like all my art, it exemplifies how I feel about the subject.  This one is me in action: painting, hammering, sawing (ear protectors for my bandsaw) while one of my cats dubiously observes.  I have two.  They are usually my audience.  Jim, my art critic, lurks in the wings, off canvas.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Robin, I do the same thing....jumping in without looking.....it does make life interesting!

Robin Kent said...

Great minds think alike...