'Treats' Acrylic on wood assemblage ©robinrkent

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Assemblage and disassemlage art

A new era.
I've learned so much recently. And not about fine art. Becoming a mechanic - an artist in tool appreciation - could be a future profession, if there was one.
When the band saw replacement parts arrived, I disassembled the saw, removed the worn pieces, bolted in new ones, stretched new tires on the wheels, found a new way to replace a 'metal self tapping screw' that no longer sufficed. The manufacture's tech support was very helpful with hints and tricks for assembly and complimented me on my own creative answers.
Never knew I would appreciate an exploded diagram.
Hearing a woman's voice asking technical questions may be more commonplace for them, too.
It's like a new machine. Runs like a purring kitten. Guess I really am an assemblage artist.

Band saw in pieces
A 'together' band saw











1 comment:

Cindi Myers said...

I applaud you!
I get so frustrated trying to figure out diagrams and just the thought of someone explaining technical stuff to me over the phone makes me feel ill.
I need to have someone in person "show" me how to do something. I have to see it in action, to figure anything out.
So I truly think you are amazing.
I'm so glad it's purring for you!
(Love, Love, Love the doggie!)
xoxo - Cindi